Multiplayer

Feel free to ask any question.
We hope that we can help you, as we are a german-speaking community.
Antworten
ekspresi

Multiplayer

Beitrag von ekspresi »

Hi there!

I know, this topic is spoken again and again (so sorry for bringing it up once more), but I unfortunately don't know German and I have a few questions for you.

I was reading all the stuff about the Multiplayer Mode in Wiggles, but there was no clear answer how to run it and if it is even completed. I found some parameters with which the game can be run from comandline tool. The ones that I was interested in was -network and -server. After running the game with those parameters nothing special happens, of course.
I tried also calling multiplayer.tcl script from in-game console. It loads and... once again nothing changes. Adding this script to systeminit.tcl (or mpinit.tcl which is called by multiplayer.tcl) crashes the game on start.
I tried several console commands used in multiplayer.tcl. Nothing.

There are scripts to initiate the multiplayer mode game, maps and to set up game (like in Skirmish mode, but a few more). But my question goes - is it everything what theoretically should be required to run the game in multiplayer? Aren't there any files missing?

And from multiplayer.tcl:

Code: Alles auswählen

log "TODO create starttemplates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that a side-note of creators of the game? :shock:

Or maybe does it means that the core of multiplayer-mode exists in game files but there is only no option created in menu?

Hope you know the answers,
ekspresi
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Re: Multiplayer

Beitrag von Arthur »

Hi,

i've read in the first Forum (in 2001), that some could start the Multiplayer. The Forum and the way how to start it are lost.

Some tried begore, but i don't know of any success.

Greets Arthur.
ekspresi

Beitrag von ekspresi »

Hi,

thanks for your reply. What was the address of that forum? Isn't there a chance for it to be found on archive.org?
And that way how to run it - it was described by fans or developers of the game? I'm just curious...
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Beitrag von Arthur »

I searched at waybackmachine, but could not find the page people mentioned.

The url of the forum was wiggles-kochstudio.de/forum these days.
ekspresi

Beitrag von ekspresi »

Well, the forum is still available by waybackmachine. Maybe I'll be lucky to find somewhere there something about it :)
ekspresi

Beitrag von ekspresi »

Okay, the only things I have found is this thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030517184 ... =480&t=480

And it tells that the Multiplayer Mode is incomplete...

As I see there was a topic about it on forum.innonics.net but waybackmachine doesn't have that one.
Antworten