Hello from america!

Feel free to ask any question.
We hope that we can help you, as we are a german-speaking community.
tellemurius

Hello from america!

Beitrag von tellemurius »

Hello guys, i know you are germans but i hope one of you can read this. I unofficially represent a small group in a forum that loves this game. We are really glad to see someone still cares about this game overseas ever since the original forums went down. We would like to know everything thats been going on: devwork, patches, mods. Also can you guys help us get the full experience with the game, with fixing all of the bugs especially the FPS one.
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Re: Hello from america!

Beitrag von Arthur »

Hi there,

Welcome to this forum :)

The FPS-thing is not a bug, it's the copy protection. If you don't use the original CD each time you start a game, the framerate is set to 5 per second and particles are turned off.

There are 2 ways to turn it on again:
* open console and type "perfoptions maxframerate 40" and "perfoptions particles 1" each time you start a game
* put it in the file "Zwerg.tcl"

Code: Alles auswählen

obj_init {
perfoptions maxframerate 40
perfoptions particles 1
Find a new Version of SetMode for diggles at my site (SetMode for Diggles (international version).).

Greetings
Arthur
tellemurius

Beitrag von tellemurius »

I have to say thats the most brilliant DRM i seen in years, why can't people do something like that.......

Thanks for the info and we hope for more information on the game
marten1

Beitrag von marten1 »

Hello,

I try to play wiggles on my netbook. There is no scrolllock key to open the console. So I have to use the second option to fix the fps problem.

But if I insert these two commands to the "zwerg.tcl" file, my wiggles won't do anything. If I start a new game, no intro video will start and no wiggles appear.

Do you have an idea, why these problems appear?
Are there any other options to fix the fps problem?
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Beitrag von Arthur »

hi there,

there is another option for getting the scroll key on a notebook:
You can use AutoHotKey to remap your keybord.

So use a key you rarely use and link it to scrolllock.

No intro and no wiggles - hmm - sounds to a different problem to me. You installed the mp3 codecs?
Use the SetMode_Win7 to start the game in windowed-mode the first time - it helped me, that afterwards, even fullscreen was able to start (with intro and speech of the diggles).

Greets
Arthur
irdumb

Beitrag von irdumb »

Hi! I'm glad I found you guys. I thought this game was dead.

Hopefully someone here can help me enjoy this nostalgic game again?
When I tried playing the game I had audio but no voices, so I patched the game with the .707, .814, and .844 patches but then all the audio stopped working. Even after reinstalling it, the audio wouldn't come back.
Do you guys know why that happened?

Oh by the way I used the gamesave/gameload method to get past the 5fps issue but when I tried editing the zwerg.tcl file like you recommended, the videos were messed up as well as the tutorial was unplayable and the wiggles were invisible when playing the campaign.
It stopped when I reverted the zwerg.tcl file though
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Beitrag von Arthur »

Hello,

you installed the Fraunhofer mp3-Codec as well?
And there is a working SetMode.exe for the international version (last link on the page).
Maybe you can play around with the settings to get it to work.

On my Win7 64bit-system i use these compatibility-settings:
* Wiggles.exe: execute as Administrator
* WigHelper.exe: compatibility-mode Win98/ME, execute as Administrator

Greets
Arthur
irdumb

Beitrag von irdumb »

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply!
No, I did not have the codec installed, but I just installed it and there's still no sound : (
Is there a special way I need to install it?
Yup I have the SetMode.exe and my compatibility settings are the same as yours

Thanks for your help!

Edit: ah, It was my whole virtual machine. the patches must have messed with something. I reinstalled my Parallels tools and I could hear the audio again which is a huge improvement, but I still don't have any voice : (
So i'm back to the position I was in before the patches i guess.
catweazle
Hamster
Hamster

Beitrag von catweazle »

Hi,
try this for examble

Hardware Acceleration in a Sound Card in Windows 7

Open Playback devices. Right click the speaker in the lower right and chose Playback devices.
Next select your default sound device and click properties.
In the properties window go the Advanced tab. Under Exclusive Mode un-check “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
Click OK and you’re done. Your sound should work properly now when you start a game, movie, or whatever.
Zuletzt geändert von catweazle am Mo 4. Feb 2013, 22:27, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein
irdumb

Beitrag von irdumb »

Hi,
I don't have that option sadly : (
It says I have a AMD-8111 AC'97 Audio Controller Driver.
I don't think there's hardware acceleration for that, at least I couldn't find anything on google about it.
Antworten