Crystal world enigma

Feel free to ask any question.
We hope that we can help you, as we are a german-speaking community.
Antworten
Puzzled

Crystal world enigma

Beitrag von Puzzled »

Hello - please excuse me the use of English. I can't speak German.

I am here to ask you about the unsolved mystery amongst polish Wiggles players - caused by article in polish wikipedia that mentions some hermit in third world named ,,Alib":

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggles

Ever since many polish fans of the game looked for this character, but there is absolutely no clue on the internet. Even some 'Let's players' promised to show him, and then just went silent about the subject.

Does anyone have a clue if that is misconception? Or is there really some dwarf to be found in third world? Be aware, that his name may differ in German and Polish versions (for example 'Ole' in English version is named 'Charly').

Thank you in advance,
The Puzzled User
SkyNet
Raupe
Raupe

Re: Crystal world enigma

Beitrag von SkyNet »

Hey,

I can't remember me to have ever found a hermit at the cristal world within the german version. But i could be wrong. The easiest way to find this hermit is to start a search in the game files of the polish Wiggles. Just open the messages.txt with Notepad++ and search for Alib. You could do the same with the Wiggles.exe, just to be sure.
In Discord as: SkyNet#9744
Arthur
Zwerg
Zwerg

Beitrag von Arthur »

hi,

i'm not sure if i got the translation right - but i think it could also be the old loner in the first world, who needs hamsters.

If you send me your Diggles\Data\messages.txt i can compare it with my version and search for Alib.

regards
Arthur
Puzzled

Beitrag von Puzzled »

Thank you for your quick response. I was surprised to see such activity on forum of such obscure game. ;)

Loner that asks for hamsters was mentioned alongide the Alib guy, so they are not supposed to be the same.

Unfortunately it will take me some time to recover my polish copy of the game. I checked the files in US ,,Diggles" versions and there is no trace of Alib there.

Wasn't the hamster hermit sort of blend into the background? I remember I was never able to hover over him to get message or adnotation. Perhaps it would be the same about Alib?
jinksy82

Beitrag von jinksy82 »

Interesting, I haven't read the article on Wikipedia earlier.

I have searched through Polish version of messages.txt but didn't find any mention of Alib. Here is the file:
MESSAGES.zip
(15.16 KiB) 437-mal heruntergeladen
If you need any other file from Polish version to look for that guy, just say it and I will upload it :)
Antworten