Diggles Big Glow Up (Texture Mod)

Du hast den perfekten Techtree ausgearbeitet oder im LevelEditor eine tolle Karte gebastelt? Nur hier rein damit.
Antworten
Jonkles

Diggles Big Glow Up (Texture Mod)

Beitrag von Jonkles »

Let's be honest, some of the art in Diggles hasn't aged so gracefully. Some of it could be said to be downright ugly (yet charming?). I want to do something about that.
Playing the game and feeling sorry for the little guys has inspired me to make my own texture pack, actually repainting textures and not just an upscale or recolour. Completely redoing every texture in the game would be one hell of a project, so I'm not going to make that claim, but I'll at least start in the areas that need it most - like the characters. Ideally I can do this without making new art feel completely out of place, so I'll be using the original textures as reference.

This thread will be used to follow my progress on the mod, and people are more than welcome to give input as I work on it.

(Links when available will be here)
Jonkles

Re: Diggles Big Glow Up (Texture Mod)

Beitrag von Jonkles »

The first thing I've done is extracted character meshes from the game, so I can get a better look at how textures are applied and hopefully be able to paint new textures on the models directly. To get some direction I decided to do some paintover concepts of the Diggles Mann and Frau.
Bild
Some might be shocked by the new direction, but my aim was to retain some of the dwarves uhh unique features and also better reflect their intelligence on the face :lol:

Using this concept as a base, I've started painting a texture for the character in 3D Coat.
Bild
Jonkles

Re: Diggles Big Glow Up (Texture Mod)

Beitrag von Jonkles »

Calling this base texture set done. I've already managed to put them into the game with some basic recolours of the clothes for now. As much as I liked the goofy eyes to make them look stupid, it ended up not working well in-game since we mostly see them from the side. There are A LOT of variants of eyes and faces for the different poses so the only thing I've done for now is a blink so the dwarves don't look so lifeless.
Bild
Bild
I think my goal for a first release of the mod will be retextures of the male and female dwarves with no different expressions and simple outfit recolours like above, I can add those in as a later update.
Antworten